Friday, April 25, 2008

A Slice of Heaven

My life has been chaos since Little Hunk arrived. It has been a train wreck of events involving a post c-section staph infection, baby reflux, and chronic car seat syndrome (a totally made up condition that involves screaming bloody murder at the slightest glimpse of the car seat....my kid has the first known case...and it's severe and terminal -for me.)



Let me go down as saying that my Hunk is the joy of my life, and I would not trade him for anything in this world. To see him laugh is the most enjoyable experience of my life. His newest phase is his "dramatic fake cough." I am so proud yet terrified of his ability to manipulate me at such a young age. That tiny cough gets instant sympathy in 0.001 seconds. He really is so much fun.



For the next week, my hubby's grandmother is in town, and it is already total bliss. She is so consumed with the Hunk, and he is loving her constant attention. Right now, I am listening to her sweet talk him while swinging him on the back porch. Every now and then I hear his adorable, totally generic cough. It is a very precious moment.



On the other hand, I am enjoying the small things in life. (Like blogging with 2 hands and taking a full shower.) I have just finished this entire post without interruption. I have never done that before. This is a little slice of heaven. Great-grandma is really great!

4 comments:

DeeDee said...

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh we suffered chronic car seat syndrome too! No worries though it only lasts 0-20 months. ;)

Pregnantly Plump said...

It's so nice to have extra hands around isn't it? I'm glad you're getting a bit of a break. Makes you appreciate your hunk so much more!

Are You Serious! said...

♡ Little Hunk! I love it!

Isn't nice to actually enjoy a shower instead of rushing through it! :)

latree said...

busy huh! but never trade the busy-maker with anything in the world? you'll miss the chaos when you stop for too long, you'll see.
enjoy your break-time