Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's My Party!

As much as I hate to admit it, it's my birthday again! The big 3-0 is creeping up awful quick, and I am not sure how I feel about this. At 26, I felt like it was no big deal. At 27, I was the size of a house, terrified of my upcoming labor, and did not give a rip. Now,( at 28) it is a bit concerning. If we were rounding numbers it would round right up to 30. Frightening!

I am sure a quarter life crisis (as John Mayer puts it), is a fairly common thing. But this last year has been a very intense one. What with pregnancy, a baby, the aftermath, and the science project otherwise known as my body after a baby.

However, at 4:30 this morning I had the pleasure of feeding my precious baby boy. Although I groan at his wails waking me, I really do enjoy being with him so sleepy. Deep down, I know that I should make him give up this feeding soon, but it's so sweet. He just eats and sleeps in my arms. This morning, I held him a little longer, and I thought about how fast the years pass. Maybe being 28 isn't so bad after all.

10 comments:

meg said...

Happy B-day! Even though it's hard to fathom at the moment, 30 is really quite fun. There comes a balance of mind & a feeling of being a "real" grownup, plus I had more patience & fun with my children (I was 28 when my youngest was born & we have a good relationship because I was more "mature" when he came along)
BTW- your little one looks sooo much like my oldest did at that age- I had to do a triple take :-P

Maremone said...

I know the feeling. I bet turning 30 won't actually be as bad as thinking about it every birthday since 26 :) At least that's what I'm thinking for me! This year I'm turning 29 and I'm throwing myself a thirteen going on 30 bash! Maybe you could do something just as equally cheesy and fun! Who can feel grumpy when they are dressed up like the early 90"s? rawk on!

Pregnantly Plump said...

Happy birthday! Hope you had a great day.

Lori said...

Happy Happy Birthday to YOU!!!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ ♥ ♥ HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I was fine with all the 20's and then 30 it was a wow I feel old but then again I still feel like I just got out of high school and then seriously do I really have 4 kids?

Now I'm 31 and it's like whatever!

Anyway haven't you heard that 30 is the new 20??? :)

latree said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I'm with 'serious'. I'm 32 and nothing's wrong with that, still feel like 25 or so.
Don't worry bout being 30, it's fun.

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Happy Birthday!
Love you~

The Burp Cloth Babe said...

Maremone, for some reason...I can't pull up your blog. If you want, leave the address, and I will visit! Love the 13 going on 30 idea!

Jeni said...

Happy Birthday! Oh, and the dino cake? Took forever...good thing he will smash it up in like 5 seconds :)

The Jackson Files said...

happy birthday for a couple of days ago bc babe, I'm sorry I missed it.

I hope you had an AWESOME day.