Thursday, April 17, 2008

Full Out Roaring Rant

So, I consider myself to be a fairly easy going person. When I was in the workplace, I never got involved in the the daily drama. I have always tried to leave the dramatics for the professionals of daytime television. However, I totally lost it today. Here is what went down...

It all started Tuesday night when I went for a jog with a friend of mine. (And by jogging I mean: starting to run/ panting uncontrollably/ walking/ repeat.) Anyway, I noticed that traffic was not very eager to stop for us to cross. Even when the crosswalk was flashing. Hmmm... I thought, "that's not very nice."

Well, on the way back to the house, I see a woman stuck in the turning lane trying to get across the street. Here is the kicker: the woman was in a motorized wheelchair!!!! So, okay don't stop for me, but what kind of insensitive creeps don't stop for an old lady in a wheelchair? I was appalled to say the least.

Then today, I took the mini-hunk for a walk to the post office. On the way, we walked by a church that was having cars line up for food bank donations. So, I walk by and all the senior citizens are waiting and smiling at my little one. I thought, "so sweet."

On the way back home, I am waiting to cross the road and a little, elderly lady calls from her car. She says, "I don't drive often, could you help me out?" Well, I look and there is a car waiting to turn into the church. So, I wave the lady out into the road. About that time, a young girl in a brand new SUV swings around the waiting car (across double yellow lines) and almost hits my precious old lady.

Honestly, I don't really remember saying anything. I remember thinking some pretty awful words, but I don't think I said them out loud. (I really hope not anyway!) However, I do remember pure rage pulsing through my veins, and a loud pounding in my head. I am certain that I looked just like the devil on steroids.

In response to my evil stare, the girl yells in a sarcastic tone, "I wasn't going to hit her." Then she drives on. I guess she thought it was inconvenient to wait in traffic for 3 minutes. (The small town I live in only has 2 red lights so it literally would have been only 3 minutes max.) Guess she didn't think of how inconvenient it must be to not have enough food to eat.

Just as I was about to lose all faith in this world and join a commune of some sort, a kind gentleman stopped for us to cross the street. I waved and thanked him SO profusely, I think he may have gotten the wrong idea.

Then, as I turned into my neighborhood, my sweet neighbor was putting her picnic basket in the backseat of her car. She was headed to pick up her daughter from school and surprise her with a trip to the park. She said they needed to spend some time together.

So, I decided against the commune idea (lets face it...most of them are nudist anyway...they would never let me in.)

Turns out if I look hard enough, there is some good left in this world.

5 comments:

Pregnantly Plump said...

I'm glad you found some good. Sounds like a frustrating day.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I see people do the same thing all the time.

latree said...

and here too. endanger their selves and others.

The Jackson Files said...

I get such bad rage at people who drive selfishly - all I want to do is scream and scream and scream at them.

And sometimes when I do, I have to make a big thing in front of Jackson about "how silly Mommy is, shouting so loudly, isn't Mommy funny, ha ha ha ha" and all that because I don't want him to grow up a hater or something.

Never mind a commune, maybe some gentle meditation would do!

Anyway, I'm glad your neighbour and the sweet man restored your faith in humanity.

DeeDee said...

Sorry about the awful drivers. It was really lovely of you to help. You shall be my reason not to join a commune today.