Monday, April 14, 2008

Cheap Chick

Let me tell you, I am one cheap chick! I really hate to overpay for items...wait... I really hate to spend money in general. (Especially now that I am not working.) Lately, my grocery bill has gone through the roof. I know someone else out there can give me a holla back on that one!

So, here are my bargains of the week for this week:

1. I discovered that my local grocery store sells infant ibuprofen for less than HALF the price of the OFF brand at my local drug store. What is that about?

2. OK, in the deep south we have this chain discount store called Fred's. It's really a funny place. However, you can get 4 oz of diaper rash cream (same intensity as the expensive brand) for $1.50. No kidding!!!! It smells a little strange, but it's not like the other smells like roses. Plus, it's going down south...who cares? So, we deal with it and save around 3 bucks a tube!

3. Finally, I found baby orajel at a local dollar store for a $1.00!

I stocked up on all these items, and I feel good about not giving the Walmart monster all my money this week! :)

3 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I love good deals too. I used to get my diaper creme at wal mart but it was their brand so it was only 1.47... Cheap cheap. I'm all about the good deal!

Pregnantly Plump said...

I'm all about the good deals, too. And I completely understand where you're coming from about not spending money. I feel guilty about everything now.
My cousin told me Fred's was good for diapers, but when we were last in Mississippi, I wasn't impressed with their prices for diapers. We were also told Dollar General and Krogers had good diaper deals -- not so impressed with them either.
If you buy lots of produce, I'll suggest Sams. Up here, they typically have the best deals on fresh produce.

The Jackson Files said...

Hey, I think I read on one of your links that when your child gets out of diapers (we call them nappies) is like getting a raise.

I have been DREAMING about that day ever since.

Everything that is child-related is so expensive here in South Africa, it's just crazy.