Thursday, March 20, 2008

Voyage to Walmart

Isn't it funny how a little, tiny baby can make a simple trip to Walmart so difficult? I went this morning and I felt like I was packing for a 7 day cruise. Then, getting the buggy ready (with this oh, so helpful buggy cover that takes forever to clip and Velcro in place. But what kind of horrible mother would I be if I didn't use it? :)

Then just shopping. My little prince can now stand in the buggy (even buckled in) as well as reach out and grab stuff...like other people...and their hair.

So, now what took just a few minutes consumes half of my day! I know someone else out there feels this way, too!

4 comments:

latree said...

I think it's exciting for both baby and mommy to hang around and take a break for a while...

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I never used those with my kids but I always took a blanket to cover up the nasty cart so they wouldn't be able to touch it! It always freaked me out if they'd try and gum the bar! BLECH!!!

Pregnantly Plump said...

We had a harried Wal-Mart trip this afternoon. Little Elvis doesn't like sitting in a cart anymore, and knows that he if arches his back and makes his legs ramrod straight, it's really difficult for us to get him in. So, we caved and put on his puppy backpack/harness. He immediately started running whereever we didn't want him to go and screaming if we tried to stop him. I ended up carrying a crying baby around while searching for our coupon book, which my husband somehow put in another woman's cart. What a mess!

The Burp Cloth Babe said...

Oh, Little Elvis is a glimpse of my future! :)