Friday, May 9, 2008

A Moment for Comic Relief

OK, so my life is a little crazy right now! I am taking care of my mom and kid. A great grandmother just stayed with us for over a week. I had an Usborne show this week (which went well by the way.) And now, my Mini Hunk has his first official cold. We are off to the doctor in just an hour or so. In light of all the chaos, I just thought I would share this funny story with you. (I just laugh to keep from crying.)

My husbands great grandmother (precious-cute old lady) really loves fried food. We NEVER eat fried food at home. I have NO idea how to fry anything. So, I call up my sweet aunt, and she gives me step by step instructions on frying okra. Her detailed instructions reeked of her wisdom in the kitchen.

She made it sound super easy, and so I attacked the challenge full force. Well, about the time that I am heating the oil, my Mini Hunk starts screaming. I leave for just an instant. When I return, little greasy fireworks are exploding from my pan! I freak!!!! I pull the pan off the heat, thinking this will help. Not so much. The grease begins to explode all over everything! Finally, I smother the oil with a towel, and I resolve that I am officially incompetent in the kitchen.

So, now I have grease spots all over my cabinets to remind me everyday that I should leave fried food to the professionals... like McDonald's and Wendy's. Hope you enjoyed my stupidity!

8 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

♡ I've totally done that too!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

I have exploded boiled eggs all over my ceiling. Incompetency rules in my kitchen too.
It's a badge of honor I've proudly passed on.

Love you~

Pregnantly Plump said...

I hope the Hunk is ok. Colds are no fun. As for the frying, I don't really fry either, and I think okra would be really difficult to fry. It's great that you attempted it. I hope the grease spots will come out easily for you.

Jeni said...

I leave the frying to the hubby, and he has a fryer for the job. Hope the Hunk feels better soon :)

latree said...

I do lots of fying. so you miind if I ahre some tips?
1. keep kids (and babies!) away
2. spatula in right hand and PAN COVER in left hand to protect you from exploding oil (you can exchange the hands if you are lefthanded:D )
I hope it will help a little bit.

latree said...

and I have somthing for you, to wish you happy mothers day even better (I hope) check out!

Lori said...

LOL!!! maybe you would have appreciated the drama in my kitchen last night...do not...i repeat do NOT plunge a knife into a baked potato fresh from the oven...that sucker exploded like you would not believe and there was potato flung all over the place!!!

latree said...

and I give you one more reason to come to my blog. I tagged you, incase you want to play along. M waiting.......