Monday, July 7, 2008

This time last year....


The Mini Hunk is growing at rapid speeds! He is now saying both Dada and Mama. (Dada is usually a cry of sheer elation and happiness....Mama is a cry for help or pain. What is up with that????) Also, he finds great delight in shouting "hey" and "bye" at random strangers everywhere. In addition, in the midst of evening cries, you will often hear a pitiful "nite-nite" mixed in the moans. Oh, and during the last few weeks, he has also started to walk! He is so precious waddling around.

I can't believe that this time last year the mini-Hunk wasn't even here. His 1st birthday is today. Wow. I don't even remember life without him anymore. Seriously, I can squench my eyes and think super hard, and I still can't remember. (I do have a vague recollection of perfectly painted toenails...I think that was part of my past.) However, at the same time it seems like just yesterday he was itty bitty. So tiny that his little car seat swallowed him whole. I kinda miss that (minus the screaming bit.)

Now, we just graduated to an amazing big boy car seat. He LOVES it and can see the world (or just cows and chickens, whatever.) I am not so sure of this new arrangement, I am having trouble sneaking in a meal in route. (Oh well, I might shed a few pounds...hooray!)

Yesterday, I looked at him in the rear view for the first time, and noticed his big boy hair and teeth...his beautiful tan arms (still white in his chub rolls) from playing outside. ..his dad's big brown eyes and mom's smile. And I realized that although he is much bigger, he still looks like my baby. I hope that never changes.

7 comments:

The Jackson Files said...

Wow! Congratulations. A total milestone - and happy Birthday to the mini-hunk.

Pregnantly Plump said...

Happy birthday! What a great picture!

Are You Serious! said...

♡ Happy birhtday to your cute boy!!! :)

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

My mini hunk is 21 today. I miss those days.
See you soon.

Jeni said...

Happy birthday to your big boy! And congrats on year one down:)

Stink Bone Jones said...

How fun! I am a stay at home mom to a two year old boy but we never really stay at home. When they talk it's just WONDERFUL! My son was a bit of a late talker but we are so happy now.

latree said...

wow... happy birthday mini hunk!
your mama should watsh out, you'll be no longer mini
:D