Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Diet: The Ultimate 4 Letter Word

Honestly, I think the word "diet" should be called the "d-bomb." I hate, hate, hate to watch what I eat. I don't know if it comes from living in the south or what, but it is a constant struggle for me.

Since the Mini-Hunk, I have really tried to get off the baby weight. While I have bumped up the exercise, (up to walking over 2 miles per day...hooray!) I am still not really getting the results I want.

Why is that? I mean, my small tush is now non-existent. (My pants will barely stay up.) What is that about? It seems that if you are really trying, you should be able to choose the areas you want to lose weight in. However, I must do something...we have no money for new clothing. Nor do I want to buy a larger size or ...GASP, get back out the maternity junk! Oh the horror...so here is where I will curse.

I am starting the d-bomb this week. This morning, I got out a really cute journal and began recording my calorie intake. (BORING!!!) So, I also added a page for inspirational ideas and quotes. Today, I have a clipping of fun summer clothes and suits to motivate myself to cut back. I am still looking for the perfect quote to get this party started. (I know, I know, my optimism is astounding.)

So, hopefully, my Tuesday toot will be about shedding a mind boggling amount of pounds. I bet I will be the spitting image of Jessica Simpson. Oh, yeah.

5 comments:

Pregnantly Plump said...

I know where you're coming from. I walk a good bit with Little Elvis (in the insane heat I might add) but I am not getting smaller, if anything, I think I'm getting bigger. I downloaded some workout videos from mycokerewards. I'll let you know how they work out. (ha!)

Lori said...

good luck with that:)

Jeni said...

Yuck, diet really is a four letter word. Sounds like you are motivated though, so good luck!

Are You Serious! said...

♡ That is a foul word!!! :)

M. Abdullah Khan said...

nice post see videos onhow to make diet shake